Why join or renew a Pure Water Paddlers Membership? Participating as a member has numerous rewards.
- We get to share our passion for paddling with others who have the same passion.
- We learn new things on and off the water.
- We make new and lasting friendships.
- We get to do good deeds, strengthening our communities and the environment.
We offer around 25 weekly Wednesday Evening Social Paddles throughout the spring, summer and fall. These paddles are open to all paddling skill levels. If you have paddled for years or it is your first time, there is something for everyone in a social paddle. We rotate the location of these evening trips throughout the Chippewa Valley.
Club members may lead single day or overnight paddling trips. Typical day trips include popular river trips such as the Namekagon and Brule River, as well as local flatwater lakes.
Overnight adventures may include canoe camping in the Boundary Waters and sea kayaking on Lake Superior.
Members can always email the club and find a friend or a group eager to go on an impromptu paddle on any given weekend.
Safety and education are two of the cornerstones of our club’s mission. Join us on the water or in the pool to learn something new. The club fosters a friendly environment where new skills can be learned, and existing skills can be polished. Personal and group safety is a priority for Pure Water Paddlers. Paddling with the club is a good way to make sure you don’t get in over your head.
Thinking about building a kayak? Several members have experience with different kayak construction techniques. You may get advice and valuable insight from talented boat builders and test paddle different designs before setting out on your project.
Other benefits may include:
- Instructional classes in related topics
- Off season social get-togethers
- Club voting privileges
- Discounts at participating paddling retailers
- Chances to win prizes at club events